Ally Coffee is a green coffee company with a focus on specialty coffees and importing services. With roots on farms in Brazil and a fast growing network of partners at origin across the world, Ally connects producers and roasters through commitments to traceable quality and sustainable partnerships. Our US Specialty team has dedicated Purchasing, Logistics, Quality Control, Accounting and Marketing teams that act as a resource for our Account Managers to better serve their clients. The role of the Account Manager is to use these resources to provide excellent service in order to grow Ally’s sales of green coffee and services to roasters.
Functions: To grow Ally’s sales of green coffee and importation services to roasters. To provide ongoing client support that builds value and loyalty for clients.
Dimensions: Manage and expand existing accounts; Develop new accounts; Complete administrative tasks; Collaborate with staff and represent Ally at industry events.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Manage Existing Accounts
• Service existing accounts, and facilitate each client’s experience with accounting and logistics departments.
• Learn about the client to be able to provide better product recommendations, and better service.
• Submit releases and information via Salesforce®.
• Communicate with supervisor on activities, such as weekly work plans, monthly and annual travel plans, and personal sales goals.
• Facilitate good partnerships through active management of AR for existing accounts
• Maintain awareness of current marketplace information on pricing, products, competitors, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc., and communicate information to other team members.
• Maintain active engagement in Ally’s coffees in terms of quality and origin information.
• Resolve client needs by investigating problems and implementing solutions; provide recommendations and perspective for team growth and improvement.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge and networks.
• Connect clients to producers and products through sampling and travel on buying trips as well as accurate communication about Ally’s importation services and exporter network.
Develop new Accounts
• Identify leads and cultivate relationships based on shared values.
• Respond promptly (next business day) to active inquiries from prospective clients.
• Organize events and participate in events with prospective clients.
• Promote awareness of Ally’s values, products, and services among roasters through networking, calls, and industry events.
• Connect roasters to producers: facilitate shared success through clear and detailed expectations about roles, contracting, pricing, timing, and other details.
• Maintain records in all company platforms.
• Keep calendar accurate.
• Stay organized and report expenses in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Positive customer support behaviors
• Self-motivated, self-directed, and problem-solving attitude
• Good judgment and ability to collaborate or request assistance when needed
• Technological background – comfortable adapting to new programs
• Passionate about specialty coffee
• Ability to converse knowledgeably about green coffee needs with roasters of all sizes
• Active network among roasters within the Bay Area
Based at: Mobile office within Bay Area
Reports to: U.S. Sales Manager, James Tooill
Job type: Full-time salaried and commissioned
Please send cover letter and resume to James@allycoffee.com .