Job: MARKETING MANAGER
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY: To manage and direct the Ally Coffee brand presence in both the digital and physical world
Based at: Ally Coffee Office in Greenville, South Carolina
Reports to: Director of Specialty Coffee
Date: November 2018
Job type: Full Time Salaried- discussed upon interview
DIMENSIONS: Develop and implement marketing plan in collaboration with company’s leadership; Plan, direct, and coordinate Ally events and presence at industry events; Guide marketing team to align with marketing plan.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- 1. Managing the public presence of Ally Coffee following marketing plan and current brand guidelines.
- -Create formal marketing plan for 2019 based on guidance from Ally Coffee company’s leadership, and collaborate on future plans.
- -Manage activities of Content and Graphic Design staff to align with marketing plan.
- -Create sales marketing campaigns with US and European Sales Managers.
- -Oversee website appearance, content, and functionality either directly or through managed delegation.
- -Supervise all social media platforms—timing, content, appearance, and integration.
- -Supervise forthcoming E-commerce platform.
- -Collaborate with Director of Learning on aligning business strategy with learning programs, both internal and external.
- 2.Organizing and traveling to events, including origin trips
- -Coordinate the following events annually (booth preparation, supplies, staff, support, itineraries):
- –Global SCA Expo in April
- –SCA World of Coffee in June
- –National Coffee Association in March (possible)
- –Coffee Fest (number TBD)
- –Coffee Festivals (number TBD)
- –Others (TBD- Coffee Roasters Guild, ASIC, Barista Camp, Bloom, etc.)
- -Manage competition sponsorships and related activities
- –Barista League: Manage and coordinate staff, activities, venue and supplies
- –World Coffee Events: Coordinate Ally’s involvement in any preliminaries, Ally judges, donations. Direct and coordinate award winner items and travel
- -Manage organization of origin trips with clients and sourcing team, including coordinating travel arrangements
- 3. Staying current on general marketing trends and coffee market issues
- -Monitor NCA information (National Coffee Drinking Trends, industry news, etc.)
- -Monitor SCA information (Retail Sentiment Index, industry news, etc.)
- -Administer client and supplier surveys
- 4. Administrative Tasks
- -Formalize marketing plan.
- -Establish budget for marketing plan.
- –Define each event budget.
- –Manage green coffee donation to various events and related accounting.
- –Calculate staff time and costs of participation in events.
- -Manage and control spending according to budget.
- -Onboard and lead department staff and contractors according to formal HR rules and practices.
- -Hold regular staff reviewsin formal, structured manner.
- -Manage payables accurately and in timeframe that meets accounting department requirements.
- -Keep calendar accurately, so others can access information quickly.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- -Bilingual in Spanish OR Portuguese is preferred
- -Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- -Strong organizational abilities
- -Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- -Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Skype required
- -Proficiency in Salesforce, Google Analytics,and WordPress preferred
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- -5 years in marketing preferred
- -2 years E-commerce experience preferred
- -Coffee industry experience preferred, however open to other specialty food or beverage product
- -University degree in marketing, business preferred, or liberal arts and sciences with relevant work experience
Qualified applicants: please send email and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line MARKETING MANAGER APPLICATION