Job: LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Based at: Greenville, South Carolina area
Reports to: Director of Specialty Coffee
Date: May 2018
Job type: Full Time Salaried
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY: To support the import and export departments.
DIMENSIONS: Planning, directing, or coordinating purchasing, warehousing, distribution, forecasting, customer service, or planning services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Assists the day-to-day operations of the import and export departments to ensure that customer requirements are met.
1.1. Communicates information and instructions to/from vendors/customers.
1.2. Issues in-hand documentation.
1.3. Arranges pick-up and/or delivery, chooses carriers, secures effective freight costs and best transport option for each move.
1.4. Transfers files to brokerage and/or process for export clearance.
1.5. Assists staff with problems, issues, and questions on progress and requirements of the department.
2. Administrative Tasks
2.1. Prints all necessary documents, issues them to the appropriate parties, and files them as required (both paper and digital)
2.2. Processes invoices in a timely manner.
2.3. Completes payable and receivable documents accurately and forwards within time constraints.
2.4. Assists management with development of processes and systems as needed to perform work effectively, focusing on accuracy and serving clients efficiently.
2.5. Maintains records in all company platforms
2.6. Keeps calendar and activities accurately, so others can access information quickly.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Bilingual in Portuguese OR Spanish is required
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong organizational and detailed skills
• Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Ability to read and interpret documents, as well as the ability to speak effectively with customers, service providers and fellow staff members
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 3 years experience in logistics OR import/export desired
• 1-2 years of other relevant work experience
• High school diploma required
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.